In an attempt to allay boredom in the Bay in 1950, a note was sent around with the milkman in Titahi Bay "A meeting will be held on October 12 at 7.30pm at Ginn's residence 28 Richard Street where the intention of Titahi Bay Little Theatre will be discussed. All welcome"
Titahi Bay Little Theatre was born. Over the ensuing years it has evolved into Porirua Little Theatre (PLT) a community-supported non-profit theatre company.
PLT were based in the historic Marine Hall in Whitehouse Road until 2012, when that building was closed due to condition issues and eventually scheduled for demolition. Since then, we have honed our pop-up performance space skills, most recently performing at the Purina Pro Events Centre while continuing to work towards a permanent performance base in Porirua.
Today, we are proud to be a multi-generational volunteer company with a strong family culture. To learn more about our story, check out our archives.